[theora-codecs] Call for bugs and suggestions

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at xiph.org
Fri Feb 7 08:13:43 PST 2003

Hi. I have volunteered some time to maintain the VP3 tree while theora is
not final. So that's my first post using the official @xiph.org address...

I would like to know what are the main issues people have today with the VP3
codecs for QT and AVI.  In the near future this could prove very useful when
it comes the time to work tools to transcode VP3 content into theora format,
or simply to keep existing QT/AVI/DirectShow applications current and
optimized for the latest versions of the APIs.

I remember reading (maybe from Dan?) that there were some issues with VP3 on
MacOSX and QT6. Are you guys seeing this? Any specific movies that I can use
to reproduce and isolate the issue, so we can work on it?

Please let me know how I can help and the main issues you are running into
with VP3. If you guys also have other projects directly related to VP3 (like
the DS filters) I believe it could be good to integrate these into our tree.
Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro