What about the QT6/scaling issue? (was Re: [theora-codecs] Callfor bugs and suggestions)

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at xiph.org
Tue Apr 29 13:27:10 PDT 2003

I agree with everything you said, Dan. I have finished compiling a clean
version from the current sources, they only need some tweaking to build
resources correctly on OSX. Building the QT codec on Windows also requires a
small tweaking to reflect the location of some resource files (from QTSDK)
that is not covered in the build steps, but it is an easy one. I will update
the build instructions, and submit an archive with the sources and projects
I used.

The remaining issue is an installer: I was thinking about a simpler
installer that only creates the relevant codec registry keys on Windows, and
put the files at the correct places on the Mac. This will make it easier for
people to continue redistributing the codecs.

When this is done (after the weekend) I will post a link to the final
binaries and source packages to the list, hopefully Emmet will be able to
put them somewhere at xiph.org for download, and we can move on.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro