[theora-codecs] Call for bugs and suggestions [One more try]

Apollyon spambrat at paypc.com
Tue Apr 22 19:54:58 PDT 2003

ARGH.  I'm already "signed up"... what's with this "confirmation"?

Mauricio Piacentini (mauricio at xiph.org) wrote:

> I would like to know what are the main issues people have today with the VP3
> codecs for QT and AVI. In the near future this could prove very useful when
> it comes the time to work tools to transcode VP3 content into theora format,
> or simply to keep existing QT/AVI/DirectShow applications current and
> optimized for the latest versions of the APIs.

Yes, I'm seeing odd playback issues with the latest VP3 codec (downloaded from
VP3.com) installed into Windows Millenium (kept up to date with various M$
stuff though I have not "upgraded" to DirectX 9.0a) running QuickTime 6.1 Pro.

I've installed both the AVI and QuickTime codecs, by the way (just today).

Issue: When I playback VP3 content via QuickTime (created on a Macintosh), I
can only playback the video at 1:1 (320x240).  Attempting any other size
results in "no video" (the QT Player content area goes white), though the sound
continues to playback.  Disabling ALL of the "DirectDraw" options in QT doesn't
alter this behaviour.

I don't have any AVI VP3 content to test as a contrast... all I can (easily)
find is Quicktime-VP3 content, which is understandable... it's playable by more
people.

=R=

PS: I've emailed Mauricio directly - if you wish to reply, please avoid using
HTML emails.  They are filtered completely.