[Speex-dev] speexdsp doesn't compile on Ubuntu 20.04

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at outlook.com
Thu May 14 03:22:39 UTC 2020

Actually its the ccflags I am using with that particular distro.
-mcpu=cortex-a72 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -mneon-for-64bits
Which is optimised for pi4 isn’t liked.

Also without ccflag=””
configure: error: No 16 bit type found on this platform!

./configure --enable-neon --libdir=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu

I dropped down to ubuntu 18.04 and the same errors occur.

I have a cortex-A35 that have just realised is going to be the same with no alternative 32bit OS.
Is there any chance Neon could be enabled for 64bit?

Stuart