[Speex-dev] hello speex官网

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Mon Mar 19 22:46:28 UTC 2018

On 02/27/2018 10:03 AM, qinzhuo (C) wrote:
> Learned from the official website, Speex replaced by opus. We want to
> confirm whether Speex can continue to use? If there is a significant
> security risk or vulnerability, will the official website update Speex
> software?

You can absolutely continue to use Speex for as long as you want. Given
that Opus is much better than Speex, it makes little sense to develop
new products based on Speex, but for things that already use Speex, it
often makes sense to keep it. Although we have stopped improving it, it
is still being maintained. We are not aware of any security
vulnerability in the current version, but should we become aware of one,
we would promptly fix it and make a new release.

Cheers,