[Speex-dev] AEC Intermittently Fails

Steven Eckhoff steven.eckhoff.opensource at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:59:30 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have Speex AEC working in the Android HAL, but now I am seeing
intermittent failures where no echo is cancelled. The AEC works about 75%
of the time and seems robust. On an AEC failure I can hang up and call
again which will initialize a new echo state and it usually works after
that.

I have also written a test app that takes a nearend and farend wav and
various parameters like frame_size, filter_size and echo delay and this
works flawlessly with the delay that I measured with our system.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the other 25% of the time. I have
tried lowering the mic input volumes. I see that there is an API to reset
the echo state I have messed with this a bit, but I don't quite understand
when this should be done other than when you want to reuse the state on a
different audio stream.

Thanks!