[Speex-dev] Error when compiling FFmpeg with speex-git.

Ron ron at debian.org
Fri May 16 23:50:43 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 06:24:48PM -0400, Tristan Matthews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM, batguano999 <batguano999 at zoho.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> > With 32-bit Xubuntu-14.04.
> > When I compile FFmpeg from git using speex-1.2rc1 it builds OK.
> > When I compile FFmpeg from git using speex-git it fails to build.
> > (speex-HEAD-78cce67)
> >
> > It's not a big deal, I don't mind using speex-1.2rc1.
> > But am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with speex-git?
> >
> > (I've put the details in a txt attachment to keep this email post
> > uncluttered)
> >

> Yeah the issue is that the include statements for speex_config_types.h are
> only
> hit when building speex, not third-party libraries. This started in commit
> ef80120166c3a2552f77008f40c59a84577a36b5
> Ron, do you think those include statements should also just be generated by
> configure (like we do for @SIZE16@) instead
> of being ifdef'd?

Indeed, this had already been reported, I'd just been buried under other
things in the meantime and hadn't got back to it yet.  I've pushed a fix
for it now though.

People might still want to be a bit cautious about deploying the code
from git, the speexdsp split is still a work in progress and there are
still known issues that need finishing with that.  But testing what we
have for obvious glitches like this is certainly welcome.

  Cheers,
  Ron