[Speex-dev] Help about error in linking to libspeex.a

Mashal al-shboul shboul8989 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 10:56:11 PST 2012

Hi All,
i have configured speex1.2rc1 for xscale-elf (ARM architecture) ,then executed MAKE and MAKE INSTALL. so, i obtained libspeex.a in the /usr/local/lib with libogg.a compiled as well. but i when i link the library to my program (by adding LDFLAGS += -lspeex -lm ), and try to compile, i get this error:
/usr/lib/gcc/xscale-elf/3.4.3/../../../../xscale-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lspeex
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [exe0] Error 1

i passed  ./configure options as :
./configure --host=xscale-elf

it's likely that the linker can't see libspeex.a , and i also tried the line  LDFLAGS += /usr/local/lib/libspeex.a -lm in Makefile but got another error(also in linking):

/tmp/ccvi7Pns.o(.text+0x179c): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `BlinkC$speex_bits_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [exe0] Error 1

WOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS PROBLEM, HOW CAN I DEFINE libspeex.a CORRECTLY TO THE LINKER?