[Speex-dev] using speex to detect voice and split mp3

papad061-misc at yahoo.com papad061-misc at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 13:53:44 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a bunch of mp3s which are conference call recordings. They usually start with some background music, then human voice and then music or silence again.
I know that speex supports voice activity detection to encode better.
Is there any way I can use this to mark the beginning and end of voice activity in the file?

If it cannot work on mp3, would it work on raw sound input or any other formats?

Regds
Madhu