[Speex-dev] Decoding only a certain frame results in different values than when decoding the entire file

Hermann Weber hermie.weber at gmx.de
Fri Dec 23 14:32:37 PST 2011

When I already decoded something, and the decstate is not erased or
reset, shouldn't that be sufficient to decode other frames with a good
quality?

For example, when I have decoded 30 frames without decoding the previous
frames, the sound quality may not be too good, but afterwards the
decoder should (in my opinion) be in a "good" state.
But when I decode other frames afterwards, it is as if I did not decode
anything before...
Can someone explain this?

Does the decoder need to have decoded the adjacent previous frames or is
it sufficient that the decoder has just decoded anything?

Thank you.
Hermann