[Speex-dev] Speex VAD always returning 1

Shridhar, Vasant vasant.shridhar at harman.com
Mon Aug 29 09:41:53 PDT 2011

I have been trying to understand how to get the VAD algorithm working.  I sent an input stream of all zeros into the preprocessor but still got a return value of 1 indicating that speech was detected.  Is this feature not available with the latest release?  I thought at the very least it would detect this as silence and return 0 but that does not seem to be the case.

Does anyone have any information on how to use this or some example code to set this up I might try.

Thanks,

Vas