[Speex-dev] Increasing the speed of speex playback

Stuart O Anderson stuart at whispersys.com
Tue Oct 19 14:54:39 PDT 2010

Along those lines - what you want it to find a high quality time-scale shift
algorithm.  If you're batch processing samples offlines, I believe Audacity
can do this base on a STFT that includes phase information.  For fast online
shifting, PICOLA, as provided by the SpanDSP library, might work well for
you, although I haven't tried it at an 8x speedup.

Stuart