[Speex-dev] frame size for a given quality?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Nov 1 07:41:36 PDT 2010

Jeff,

 RFC-5574 is standards-track:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5574  so,
while it's not an approved standard, it's more standardized than a lot of
interoperable traffic on the internets these days.

 The RFC specifies packetization guidelines, which is basically that you
put one or more frames in a packet, and then pad the rest with 0 bits
until you have a while number of octets.

-SteveK