[Speex-dev] File format information for .spx

Walt Morrey walt.morrey at digitalallyinc.com
Thu May 27 08:09:03 PDT 2010

I've checked to web for the format of the .spx file, and have not found anything complete.  I've attached what I have deciphered so far.  There are a few question marks in my tables that I want to understand better.  I've also attached part of the .spx file that I used in the example values on p4 of the Word document.

I'm trying to take Speex-encoded data from an embedded microprocessor and put it into the .spx format.  The data is narrowband mode 3 (8000 bps) encoded.

Can you point me to some place with complete information about the values used in Table 7.1 of the "The Speex Codec Manual
Version 1.2 Beta 3" from December 8, 2007?

Walt Morrey
Senior Design Engineer
Digital Ally, Inc.
1218 Valley Ridge Dr.