[Speex-dev] Symbian/S60 encoding failures when building -O2/-O1 optimization and FIXED_POINT

Brian Friedkin brian at kinoma.com
Fri Mar 5 16:09:33 PST 2010

Hello -

We are building Speex 1.2rc1 on Symbian/S60 using the GNU
csl-arm-2005Q1C tool chain provided in the S60 SDK.  We build with the
supplied config.h and define FIXED_POINT to 1.

We found that the encoded audio is "garbled" when we build with GCC -O1
or -O2 optimization level with fixed point enabled.  But if fixed point
is enabled and no GCC optimization level is specified, the encoded audio
is correct.  The encoded audio is also correct with fixed point disabled
and the library built at -O1 or -O2 optimization level.  So it seems
that the GCC optimization is somehow causing the fixed point encoder
build to fail.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this, and/or if there are
suggestions to help pinpoint the failure.

Regards,
Brian