[Speex-dev] decoding half frames

Jader Dias jaderd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 19:10:10 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am working with NSpeex, a .NET implementation of Speex. But my
question is not implementation-specific.
My app is receiving the speex narrowband (160 bytes frames and 40
bytes subframes) encoded audio in chunks of 20 bytes.
The problem is. This is a continuous stream of data, and currently I
don't know where a frame begins or ends.
The first byte I send to the decoder can be from beginning of the
frame (which would be optimal), or from the second half of a subframe
(worst case). I don't know which will be.
Is it possible to decode this audio in such conditions?

Thanks in advance

Jader Dias