[Speex-dev] RTP to Speex

Nathan Thatcher n8thatcher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:41:37 PDT 2010

First off I just want to thank everybody, especially Jean-Marc, for all
their work on Speex. I have been using the codec in a call recording
application for a couple of years now and it is great. My application is
pretty simple, it just takes wav files created by a phone server, converts
them to speex and makes them available for playback in a custom speex
player. Speex was the perfect format for our application and it has worked
really well for us so far, so thanks everybody.

We are now moving our application into the VoIP call recording arena and I
am looking for some direction. I have a layer 2 managed switch with one
physical interface mirrored to another interface (AKA Port Mirroring). I
have a phone server plugged into the first interface and my development
machine is plugged into the second interface. I have a bunch of IP phones on
the network and from the development machine I can see the RTP packets using
pcap when I make a call.

Now that I have all of the port mirroring in place I want to create speex
files out of this streaming voip data. What is the best way to go about
doing this?

Thanks everybody,

Nate