[Speex-dev] Quality vs. Bitrate vs. Complexity

Randy Yates yates at ieee.org
Sat Apr 3 21:28:49 PDT 2010

Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca> writes:

> On 2010-04-03 23:56, Randy Yates wrote:
>> The sentence "Unlike some other speech codecs, it is possible to control
>> the tradeoff made between quality and bit-rate" implies to me that they
>> are NOT the same thing.
>
> This sentence should read: "tradeoff made between quality and *complexity*"
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> 	Jean-Marc

No problem. Thanks for the clarifications.

Jean-Marc, did I see your name on some of the GSM codecs back in the
late 90's written in TI TMS320C54x assembly?
--
Randy Yates                      % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
Digital Signal Labs              %  you still wander the fields of your