[Speex-dev] Speex in Flash player

Ben Weekes ben.weekes at requestec.com
Tue Sep 29 16:03:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have been decoding and encoding Speex between Flash player and server.
In the main the quality is really good, an improvement over Flash's other
codec (ASAO Nelly Moser) particularly when encoding noisy mics.

We have found however that sometimes we get noises a bit like a gas canister
going off or a turbo fan on a car (strange description but true).
My gut feel is it has something to do with the inbound audio buffer in flash
filling up and the codec having to drop or stretch audio.

Any ideas on this and possibly improving would be most welcome.

Thanks and best regards

Ben