[Speex-dev] Royalty-free codecs at the IETF

Tue Nov 10 21:29:53 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

For the past few months, we have been working with the IETF to form a new
working group dedicated to standardising truly free audio codecs. Following the
BoF (meeting) we had in Stockholm a few months ago, we have addressed several
issues and we will be having a second BoF *tomorrow* in Hiroshima. Everyone
interesting in the matter can participate virtually and give input. The
information for the audio feed, time and Jabber rooms can be found here:
http://people.xiph.org/~jm/hiroshima_bof.html
and in this post:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codec/current/msg00840.html

Cheers,