[Speex-dev] VQ: elucidations!

Tue Jan 27 06:53:52 PST 2009

Quoting Daniela Tedesco <dan.tedesco at studenti.unina.it>:

> Dear Valin,
> Please, can you explain me the mean of the routines' parameters:
>
> 1. void vq_nbest();

Nearest-neighbor VQ search that returns the N best entries instead of just the
best.

> 2. static void compute_weighted_codebook();

Applies the CELP weighting filter to the codebook entries. It's the weighted
version that is used in the search.

> 3. static inline void target_update();

Subtracts the contribution of the selected entry from the CELP target signal.

> 4. void split_cb_search_shape_sign();

That's the main innovation search function.

> 5. void split_cb_shape_sign_unquant();

Same as above, but decodes instead of encoding.

> 6. void noise_codebook_quant();
> 7. void noise_codebook_unquant();

Don't worry about those ones, they're only for very low rate.

  Jean-Marc