[Speex-dev] how to fix high freq noise?

Jason Hennigar jhennigar at pantelintl.com
Wed Jan 7 09:43:13 PST 2009

Hi Masakazu,

I have reproduced the Speex high frequency noise issue on a Blackfin 537
by sending 'silence' into the Speex fixed point encoder. By recording
the Speex decoder output and plotting the spectrum using Audacity the
following two frequencies.

1596Hz at -31.3dB
3200Hz at -48dB

These two frequencies are present in both Narrow Band and Wide Band
modes. I've tried a number of different configurations and these two
frequencies are always present (quality set to 10 or default, the
complexity set to default, perceptual enhancement turned on or off). I
have not determined how to correct this problem but wanted to provide
additional information.

Cheers!
Jason