[Speex-dev] need help running speex on ARM linux

Deepa Bhatt deepabhatt at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 14:58:16 PST 2009

Hi,

I am having issues running the 1.2rc1 release compiled for ARM linux as per instructions on README.arm (which is not distributed with this release for some reason?). I am running it on a proprietary board which has arm9 and getting the following error message=>
Errormsg: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected

Please bear with me as I am fairly new to speex and linux both. Possible issues I can  think of =>

1. Issue with the release? Has anyone else tried this?
2. I am assuming it is ok to use option armv4 for arm 9e, and the code generated will be backward compatible? Or should I just not bother with generating arm assembly?
3. Maybe it is what I am running. I am picking up the binaries (speexenc, speexdec) from "bin" and running them manually with the same options as the script files
 (speexenc inputfile outputfile).  Which libraries do I have to copy on to the arm system and  and what's the relative path? (If there is already documentaion on this, kindly point me to it. I looked and couldn't find any)

Thanks in advance..