[Speex-dev] Speex .spx bitstream format

akhalife at uci.edu akhalife at uci.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:57:31 PDT 2009

Dear experts,

I am trying to understand the structure of the Speex .spx file, so I can
packetize each frame in one packet for example, and in the receiving end,
I can decode a file that has all the received frames (some of them may
lost).

I tried to figure out what is the delimiter used to separate the frames
but I could not so far. I also tried to deleted some data from the .spx
file or change it, (I was doing that using a hex editor). But I noticed
that when I change anything in the bitstream (either delete or change it).
The decoder does not decode the entire file (it gave me empty wav file).

Any idea on how to handle frame loss in .spx? what is the frame delimiters?

Thanks,
Ala