[Speex-dev] Generating 1.2rc1 DLLs with MSVC 2005

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at sipez.com
Mon Oct 27 15:18:44 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Emanuel Aguilera Martí
<emaguimar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Therefore, I'm trying to generate the Windows DLLs for the 1.2rc1 version
> using the MSVC 2005 project files available in the source code.

Yeah, MSVC projects in the published RC1 sources are broken. I've sent fixes
to Jean-Mark, and I hope they've gotten their way to the git.

> After a lot of problems, finally I have generated the DLLs. However there is
> a strange dependence in this DLLs that does not allow to use it in a PC
> where MSVC is not installed. I think the problem is that the DLLs that I'm
> generating depends on MSVCR80D.DLL but the DLLs from Speex web site doesn't
> depend on it.

In "Code Generation" properties select "Multi-threaded"/"Multi-threaded" instead
of "Multi-threaded DLL"/"Multi-threaded Debug DLL" and you'll get rid of this
dependency.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.