[Speex-dev] low-power real-time embedded speex implementations

Keith Kyzivat kkyzivat at tripleplayint.com
Mon Oct 27 13:09:10 PDT 2008

Henry,
There's been a fair bit of discussion about this, including some specific
suggestions at reducing memory footprint, processor utilization (using a
lower quality level), etc.

Search through the speex-dev archives, and you'll probably find what you're
looking for.
If you don't find what you're looking for, feel free to come back and ask
some more specific questions :)

Here's a good google search to use to help the searching:

site:lists.xiph.org speex-dev <your specific search terms here>

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Henry Gomersall <whg21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Does anybody have experience of implementing Speex encoding on
> low-power, low-cost bare-metal embedded hardware?
>
> I'm trying to get a feel for minimum possible hardware upon which it is
> possible to get a reasonable working implementation of Speex encoding.
>
> I can find little in this area on the website or via Google.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

Keith Kyzivat

SIPez LLC.