[Speex-dev] Speex mem

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Oct 15 04:28:24 PDT 2008

Erik W. Rasmussen a écrit :
> The target processor is a 16 bit fixed pint DSP with a single ALU and
> MAC. It runs at 60 MHz and has a total of 16 Kbytes RAM from which other
> processing also will eat.
>
> What we would like to implement is a speex encoder and decoder, both in
> wideband mode (16 kHz sample rate) and at a fixed rate of 28 kbps. We
> will not need preprocessing, echo cancelling or other add-ons,

Are you sure you don't want to do real-time high-definition video
encoding while playing Quake while you're at it :-) Seriously, it sounds
like your device is no faster than an ARM 7, so wideband is out of the
question. Depending on the actual speed and your assembly skills, you
*may* be able to get narrowband running on it.

Cheers,