[Speex-dev] CELT 0.5.0 is out

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Oct 13 21:04:59 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce CELT version 0.5.0. This release includes
simplifications to the bit allocation code and includes a new
low-complexity mode that can be enabled (without breaking compatibility)
on the encoder side. There are several other optimisations and bug fixes
included. The API has also been slightly modified, so code using CELT
will have to be updated (only minor changes required).

You can download it from the website: http://www.celt-codec.org/
Please note that the bit-stream still isn't frozen which means that 1)
we can still improve things and 2) you can't rely on compatibility yet.

Cheers,