[Speex-dev] about Speex's PLC

後藤 由光 xentes at live.jp
Tue Nov 18 16:06:14 PST 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm beginning to understand but can you clarify a bit more.
1) I am confused on "trade error-free quality" part. Basically the
    encoder is doing something to the encoded data by looking at
    the SPEEX_SET_PLC_TUNING parameter?
2) How does the receiver side determine whether the packet loss
    occured or not? It seems only way is assigning timestamps or
    some indexes to speex data at the encoding. Is this the case?

I am currently testing using network emulator to simulate packet
loss; but so far I can't really determine Speex's PLC is working or
not. Maybe my implementation might be wrong...I'm just assigning
 SPEEX_SET_PLC_TUNING parameter and nothing else. If you can
give me some inputs in this matter as well, I'll be greatful.

- Yoshi