[Speex-dev] Porting Speex to embedded 32bit

Pietro Maggi studiomaggi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 06:14:50 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 3:32 AM, jun yang <yj13535428332 at gmail.com> wrote:

> speex is integrated into freeswith, which can compile for most arm using
> embeded linux.
Hi Jun,

what's freeswith? google returned nothing usefull to me :-/

there's lot of difference from ARM family to ARM family, I was talking
about ARM7TDMI, which usually run code from internal Flash (usually
max. at 512KB) with very low RAM (under 100KB) and topped at around
60-70MHz. MMU is rarely available on this class of microcontroller.

Embedded linux usually start from ARM9 way up to ARM11 with frequency
that starts at 120-180MHz and external FLASH+RAM.

There are obviusly some exception. You can build a uLinux system using
an LPC24xx microcontroller with some external FLASH and RAM, but it
will probably have not enought resources to handle both uLinux and
real-time speex encoding.

Best regards
Pietro