[Speex-dev] Stereo AEC, transition to Git

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Jun 3 00:22:46 PDT 2008

Hi,

Two related news here. First, I've merged in support for stereo (or more
channels) acoustic echo cancellation in mainline. The standard AEC
remains the same, but I added a speex_echo_state_init_mc() call that
takes the number of speakers and microphones.

Now, one of the consequence of this new work is that by merging this
work into the main tree, I had to do things in git that svn just doesn't
support. So it means I can't keep svn updated as I used to and Git is
now the place to get the latest version of Speex. For those not familar
with git, here's how to "checkout" (clone in Git's terms) the repository:

git clone http://git.xiph.org/speex.git

And to update with the latest changes, simply do:

git pull

You can also visualise the development using the "gitk" tool. Whenever I
figure out how to do it, I might setup a "fake CVS server" from which to
checkout the git repo and/or automate the copying of the git tree to the
current svn. Any help with that would be appreciated.

Cheers,