[Speex-dev] Raw files or Wav Files

nagaraj at int.uni-karlsruhe.de nagaraj at int.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 12 00:02:23 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I have recently started working on SPEEX and thanks to the nice tutorial
and examples, i was able to encode/decode files as per the command line
programs speexenc.c and speexdec.c
I tried the sampleenc/sampledec but, i know its only for the raw data.
My question is what kind of raw data should be used to test them?
Also, is it possible for me to use speex without any of the headers but
for audio applications?
Also, Can I just make use of wav files headers and get rid of ogg?

Please help me with these..
Thanks much for your time and attention!

Best regards
Kshama