[Speex-dev] Speex Resampler quality

Premkiran Mannava loverays at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:08:02 PST 2008

Thanks for your inputs.

I quickly tested manually using my golden ears and I find the quality of
perception is perfect :)  Though I get a very bad PEAQ test value a manual
test seems to be better.

But I am also looking for any kind of objective measurement to validate my
test appl.  Is it not possible to objectively validate Speex resampler using
any kind of code or tool (may not be a PEAQ based tool)?

I have few more questions....

1.  Is it required for speex resampler input buffer length to be multiple of
SpeexResamplerState's frac_advance value?  I find if above is not the case,
samples are missing in fractional rate conversion.
2. Out of resampler_basic_direct_single and
resampler_basic_interpolation_single, which of them is nore reliable one?
Can I use resampler_basic_direct_single for all purposes as this seems to be
simpler implementation.  Which one would you recommend for?

--
" Excellence is not an act....but a habit..."