FW: Re: [Speex-dev] Problem with Blackfin assembly optimizations -- bug in fixed_bfin.h / resampler saturation???

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Feb 1 21:26:46 PST 2008

Frank Lorenz a écrit :
> And yes, the same "overflow" happens even when I disable Blackfin ASM
> optimizations.

Indeed, that shouldn't happen. Just to make sure I understand, so far
there's two problems:
1) DIV32_16() in Blackfin assembly causes problems
2) The resampler overflows

When you fix/workaround those two, is the encoder/decoder working
correctly or are there other issues?

About the DIV32_16() issue, could you try and replace it with a function
that compares the Blackfin-asm result with the real division and dumps
the args and output when they don't match. I'd like to understand for
what inputs that functions fails. That would help in fixing the problem.

Thanks,

	Jean-Marc