[Speex-dev] Speex on Nokia Symbian S60 phones

Wed Dec 10 13:09:01 PST 2008

Quoting "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists at infosecurity.ch>:
> It would be very nice to know about some good success without too much
> cpu issues on Nokia devices, i tried pjsip.org project on S60 FP1 E65
> +200mhz ARM cpu with speex but don't had much luck in using it without
> having 100% cpu usage :(

Make sure to use complexity 1 (using SPEEX_SET_COMPLEXITY) and use 6, 8, or 15
kbps, which are the rates that take up the least amount of CPU. Also, make sure
you don't have VBR, VAD or DTX enabled as those still use floating-point code.
If it still takes 100% CPU on a 200 MHz ARM, you either did something wrong or
you should switch compiler.

Cheers,

    Jean-Marc