[Speex-dev] Using Speex with Cellphone audio
swalton at sorenson.com
Tue Dec 9 07:42:35 PST 2008
Has anyone had any experience with applying Speex on cellphone audio?
If so, I have a few questions:
* How has Speex performed with the audio, e.g., amount of
* Since cellphones use the typical POTS sampling of 8Kbps, would
it help to use a multiple (16,32Kbps) or fractional (12,18,24Kbps)
* At what sampling rate do you think a resampling of 8Kbps would
result in diminishing returns?
* How does the Speex noise cancellation adapt to cellphone's pops
and static? Is there a way to tune it dynamically?
* (More generally) Can the codec tuned up or down dynamically
based on the receiver's needs (apart from using VBR) without restarting
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Speex-dev