[Speex-dev] Speex and C5510

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 11:52:22 PDT 2008

The TI directory of the Speex source distribution contains a C5509A project that builds and runs in TI's Code Composer Studio simulator.  This project does file I/O to files specified in the main source file.  See README.TI_DSP in the main directory for some tips.  You should use the 1.2 beta 3 distribution.  You should be able to load, build, and run this with no effort except to get the audio file locations to match the paths in testenc-TI-C5x.c.  Changing the target to C5510 should be very easy.  The work will come when you interface Speex to your real hardware, replacing the file I/O with your audio interfaces.

Note that this build works with raw 16-bit mono audio files.  Also, it runs Speex at quality level 3 (8kbps) with no echo canceler or preprocessor.  If your target hardware has external RAM for the C5510, you should be able to run these as well.

Regards,

Jim