[Speex-dev] Testing Help

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Nov 21 07:44:11 PST 2007

> What commercial VOIP test products can I turn to in order to objectively
> evaluate your CODEC; in order to analyze audio streams for MOS scores and
> performance parameters?

The MOS evaluation is subjective, not objective and actually involves
getting (many) real people to listen to the audio, not just buying a
product. Of course, there's tools like PESQ that attempt to guess MOS
scores, but it's really just a guess. You can find these kinds of
results for Speex on the comparison page: http://www.speex.org/comparison/

> The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is
> confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person and/or
> entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and "cc"
> box). They are the property of McDonald's Corporation. Unauthorized review,use,
> disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part thereof, is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender and delete the e-mail
> and attachments and any copy from your system. McDonald's thanks you for your
> cooperation.

My guess is that sending confidential information to a publicly archived
mailing list isn't exactly the best way to keep that information
confidential. Then again, it's just my opinion :-)