[Speex-dev] Testing Help

aage.tengesdal at us.mcd.com aage.tengesdal at us.mcd.com
Tue Nov 20 14:04:19 PST 2007

Hi,

I am wondering if you may be able to help me.

I have an application that has been developed by a third party and is being
used in some field locations.  My challenge is that I have no way of
independently testing the product across the WAN at this point.  All
testing they have proposed required manual intervention and subjective
analysis.  I am not comfortable deploying the solution in this manner
without some subjective measurement device being able to validate the
function.

So, we have looked at a number of products already, including Tektronix and
IXIA; all of which promised to be able to decode your CODEC; none of which
actually demonstrated as such.

I need some help with this, and was hoping you may be able to point me in
the correct direction.

What commercial VOIP test products can I turn to in order to objectively
evaluate your CODEC; in order to analyze audio streams for MOS scores and
performance parameters?

- ATT
=============================================================================================================================
Aage Tengesdal
Manager, Network Engineering and Application Integration
North America Infrastructure Team
McDonald's Corporation                    630.623.2608 (O)
2111 McDonald's Drive, Plaza Suite 7W           630.623.3211 (F)
Oak Brook, IL 60523                             630.730.8175 (M)
aage.tengesdal at us.mcd.com

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is
confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person and/or
entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and "cc"
box). They are the property of McDonald's Corporation. Unauthorized review,use,
disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part thereof, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender and delete the e-mail
and attachments and any copy from your system. McDonald's thanks you for your
cooperation.