[Speex-dev] Re: compatibility issues.

Greg caroundw5h at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 16:40:28 PDT 2007

okay that questioned is answered, thank you.

I am interested in using speex in a VOIP application. do i need to put it in into
the ogg contianer format in order to encode/decode and send it? or will it work
"as is"? if the latter then:

 "the packet is larger than the allocated buffer" message: whats your recomendaton for fixing that? i was thinking simply getting the size of the frame
and using the speex_bits_init_buffer() function to create a bigger buffer. However i
want to keep latency in mind and make them as small as possible.

i apologise if the questions seem simple but i've working at this for sevreal days
and i'm a little stump. a indication in the right direction would be helpful.

thank you in advance,
greg

Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote: > does this have anything to do with the message on the example code:
> "the packing used is not compatible with speexenc/speexdec" i know it
> may sound stupid but it is my first time using speex lib. as well i
> had assumed this was so and tweaked the decoder code to decode the
> same file that the example encode code made, but i get a "packet is
> larger than allocated buffer could not resize buffer, truncating
> input" message.

Well, the note says it all. It's just not compatible. speexenc/dec pack
Speex data into an Ogg container, while the sampleenc/dec code just
creates an incompatible ad-hoc format just to demonstrate how to use
Speex (without bothering with the heavy Ogg code).