[Speex-dev] Windows Libraries and echo cancellor support

farhan at phonestack.com farhan at phonestack.com
Wed May 9 05:35:33 PDT 2007

I am trying to build 1.2beta1. I downloaded the sources from
http://downloads.us.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex-1.2beta1.tar.gz
and tried compiling it under visual studio 2005.
it gave the following errors:

LIB : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'.\debug_rtl_dll\medfilter.obj'
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\farhan\speex-1.2beta1\win32\VS2005\libspeex\Debug_RTL_dll\BuildLog.htm"

then i downloaded the windows binary from
http://downloads.us.xiph.org/releases/speex/libspeex-win32-v1.2beta1.zip
when i tried compiling my app with these, it failed with the following
warnings:

Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
hf3.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _speex_echo_state_init
ltpstack5.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_speex_decode_int
ltpstack5.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_speex_encode_int
Debug/hfdialer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

I guess that the 1.2beta windows project files and the binaries are broken
somehow. the 1.1.12 works wells though. does anybody have the fixed
versions? I need to use these to try out the echo cancellor.

Alternatively, should I try fixing them?

- farhan