[Speex-dev] Encoding audio sampled at 44.1 khz?

David Hogan david.hogan at freshtel.net
Thu Mar 22 14:29:31 PDT 2007

Hi Peter,

Have you considered resampling the raw 44.1kHz stereo source files using
a program such as http://audacity.sourceforge.net/, say to 16kHz mono or
32kHz mono, and then using the wideband or ultrawideband speex modes to
encode the result?

Alternatively, if you want to programmatically do the resampling
yourself, you could try the new resampling API in the svn head of speex,
or the GPL library 'Secret Rabit Code'.

Hope this helps,
David Hogan