SV: [Speex-dev] How to detect SpeexBits corruption

Steve Kann skann at horizonwimba.com
Sat Mar 17 09:00:56 PDT 2007

I wrote a speex parser, which we use inside of asterisk and iaxclient.
It can parse a stream of speex data into individual packets:

See static int speex_get_samples(unsigned char *data, int len) (and it's
2 helper functions) in
http://iaxclient.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/iaxclient/trunk/iaxclient/lib/libiax2/src/iax.c

As it's written, it just looks at a bunch of speex data, and tells you
how many actual samples are contained within, but the code can be
changed to do more generic parsing.

-SteveK