SV: [Speex-dev] How to detect SpeexBits corruption

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 17:15:27 PDT 2007

I was curious if you had ever peeked at a Teamspeak voice packet?  I
already have large chunks of the protocol torn apart.  I believe the
voice packets are the last big hurdle.  As I know nothing about speex
encoding, it is proving difficult to figure out the start of the actual
voice data and/or any voice specific state data contained within the
packet.  If you have any information and are willing to share, I'd
certainly love to see it.  I'm oh so close to having a bare bones TS
client on Linux which actually uses ALSA.

On my hardware, the ALSA-OSS emulation provides for horrid mic input
(even using the native TS client) but the native ALSA stuff sounds
pretty well.  At any rate, any detail you can provide would be
appreciated!!!

If you're curious, I'm currently prototyping this in python using
audioop, wave, pyaudio and pySpeex.  Once I have something that works,
I'll probably turn around and make a WxWidgets client (C++) which uses
ALSA...but I'd also like to quickly tie a T-T-S app to a TS server via
the python implementation, quickly, if I can.

As an aside, I started this project to filter various TS packets to
prevent hackers from abusing the server.  To do that, I had to determine
good packets from bad packets.  Thus far my efforts have stopped all
hacking (to date) on my brother's TS server.  So naturally, I thought it
would be fun to tie a T-T-S mechanism to the server to stop the "who
joined" questions...so on and so on...  And here we are.  ;)

--
Greg