[Speex-dev] "Redundant audio data" header in speex payload

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Mar 2 03:28:57 PST 2007

Keep in mind that Speex doesn't know about RTP, networks, files or
anything like that. So the byte you're seeing is either added by the
client, or else it happens that Speex produces a byte that you're
misinterpreting as to mean something else. A normal Speex CBR Speex
stream always has the first 5 bits set to the same value (indicating the
mode), so maybe the audio is stationary enough for the next three bits
to be constant as well?

	Jean-Marc