[Speex-dev] number of samples in input_frame

Thomas Leigh thomas.leigh at oak.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 00:36:49 PDT 2007

Ah ok, thanks for replying!

From: Jonas Tärnström [mailto:jonas at esportnetwork.com]
Sent: 26 June 2007 22:33
To: Thomas Leigh
Cc: speex-dev at xiph.org
Subject: Re: [Speex-dev] number of samples in input_frame

That is a dumb question :)

The encoder expects SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE at all times. If you are encoding from a fixed length source you must pad the last frame with 0 valued samples.

speexenc / speexdec should provide the sample could you need I guess.

//JT

Thomas Leigh wrote:

Hi all

Sorry if this is a dumb question: does the input_frame passed to speex_encode_int *have* to be frame_size samples long?

e.g., If I only have 100 samples left to encode (which is less than the frame_size of 160 samples), can I just use an array that contains 100 samples, or do I need to create an array containing the 100 "real" samples plus 60 null samples at the end?

Let me put it one more way for clarity: is the response to SPEEX_GET_FRAME_SIZE a maximum, can I use shorter frames if I want?

-Thom

-- This message has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.