[Speex-dev] speex AEC lighter configuration

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sun Jun 24 12:07:33 PDT 2007

> - Which is the value of the tail length to get good results?

It depends on your setup, but if you do everything carefully, anything
from 40ms to 200ms (convert to samples) can work well.

> - May I specify some other options (at configuration time or may be at
> source) to get the speex AEC lighter, so that I can raise the tail
> length and get best results?

The tail length is the main thing that affects the complexity. BTW,
longer tail does not necessarily mean better results (the longer the
tail, the slower the adaptation).

> - May be speex AEC tunned with another parameters to improve echo
> cancellation results?

If the results aren't good, the most common cause is bad synchronisation
between the capture and playback signals.

> - AEC uses floating point in some cases (altough fixed-point specify)?
> (soft floating point is slow...)

No, 1.2beta2 is entirely fixed-point. If you see otherwise, you screwed up.

	Jean-Marc