[Speex-dev] Time Delay Estimation

Coffey, Michael mcoffey at avistar.com
Thu Jun 7 16:49:10 PDT 2007

Here's a question that may seem strange.

Does the echo canceller maintain some data structure that I might be
able to use if I wanted to estimate the amount of delay between the
near-end and far-end signals? I'd like to be able to do this in order to
optimally align the signals before passing them to the canceller. There
seem to be many milliseconds of latency in a Wintel audio subsystem and
I would like to accurately compensate for that rather than just using a
huge echo tail.

I would guess that the adaptive filter must compute some good data that
I could use as observations for a tracking algorithm.

I would appreciate hearing about any suggestions you may have.

Thanks