[Speex-dev] Speex 1.2 beta2 Win32 tools binaries

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Jul 27 14:35:57 PDT 2007

> Jean-Marc is a very kind about Windows support. I'm working on updating
> MSVC build of Speex with Jean-Marc now. I have a conversation with him
> off the list, so it's hidden, but it is. I have binaries, compiled
> with MSVS 2003
> and I could share them too. I think we could compare the speed of mingw
> and MSVC compiled version of Speex and consider it as recommended
> binary. But, sure, last word should be said by Jean-Marc himself.

If you already have binaries of 1.2beta2, then let's post them on the
website. I'm definitely in favour of having up-to-date Windows builds. I
just have no knowledge/interest for doing it myself (I'm just glad Speex
is so trivial that it's easy to keep the MS compilers happy by just
dumbing down the code to C89).