[Speex-dev] file couldn't play after Speex encode and decode

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 14 01:45:57 PDT 2007

The encoded speex file should, by convention, be given the '.spx'
extension rather than '.wav', but that is not the issue. What appears to
be happening is that the '.wav' extension on your named output file from
speexdec is not being recognised as '.wav' and, consequently, the file
is being written as 'raw' data without the wave file header. I am not
sure why that should be other than to suggest that maybe your system
generates unicode/wide chars that speexdec is failing to recognise?

Best I can do, I'm afraid.

John